Rodney Jensen and Madeline Jensen

Skilled Representation
During Your Time Of Need

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Post-Divorce Modifications

When Your Life Changes, It May Be Time To Modify Your Divorce Decree

The day your divorce became final was a momentous event. It formalized the end of one chapter of your life and the beginning of another. In the months and years following your divorce, it may be necessary to revisit and modify some aspects of your divorce decree. If you need to adjust your child custody, child support or spousal support arrangements, an experienced family law lawyer can help you accomplish your objectives.

The law firm of Jensen Law Offices, is based in Edina and represents people across the Twin Cities in post-divorce modifications. Our attorneys have more than 35 years of collective experience. We devote all of our efforts to serving clients in family law.

Have You Been Affected By A Significant Change In Circumstances?

Courts will consider a modification to child support, child custody or spousal maintenance whenever there is a substantial change in circumstances. When reviewing modifications to child support, visitation or child custody arrangements, courts will further determine whether the proposed modification is in the best interests of the child.

A substantial change of circumstances can encompass a number of different areas. For instance, a significant increase or decrease in income could merit modifications to child support or spousal support orders. Allegations of abuse or neglect may necessitate a modification in custody or visitation.

Other major changes that could merit a modification include:

  • Remarriage
  • Sudden, serious injury or severe illness
  • If one parent desires to leave Minnesota for work or another reason
  • Specialized health care needs

If you wish to modify any of these aspects of your divorce order, or if you do not believe the other parent’s request for modification is warranted, our lawyers will work to find a resolution that achieves your goals.

Learn More About Our Post-Divorce Services Today

If you are pursuing a modification or challenging a petition, it is critical to have a skilled family law attorney by your side. We can help you protect your rights and guide you through the process.

Please call 952-893-5532 to arrange your private consultation to discuss your case with a knowledgeable lawyer at our firm. You can also reach us online via our contact form.